Thursday, January 04, 2007

Drumroll....Tag-You Are It!


To all of my readers this post is a bit of a departure from the normal content that you find here. But, every now and then, it's really nice to just unwind and spruce up the day with something really different. A few days ago a prominent blogger (and an exceptional business person) reached out to me on his blog and challenged me (tagged me) to list 5 or 6 "bare all" facts about myself and then go out and tag someone else-so that they can do the same thing.

So let's begin, here are a few things that you may not have known about me:

  1. My name-Benin. It comes from an ancient empire or nation state in West Africa called Benin.
  2. I am a second( in my family) , not first generation Africa enthusiast. My father and his brother began learning about and visiting Africa before I was born.
  3. Before I became interested in business as a profession, my eyes were set on being an engineer or a detective.
  4. My favorite past-times outside of blogging, of course, are eating and drinking coffee!
  5. My favorite entertainers are Cedric the Entertainer and Michael Blackson-their stand up rocks!
  6. Outside of Africa, the place that I'd most like to visit is Paris, France.
  7. If I was a professional athlete the sport that I'd most likely compete in would be wrestling (the Rock, consider yourself fortunate!). During high school and briefly in college I competed in Roman Graeco-and was actually really good at the sport.
Passing It On-Consider Yourself Tagged:
Now that wasn't so bad was it? At any rate folks, I hope this was as good to you as it was for me (laugh) and please join us again soon for more African business blogging!

Of course, I love your comments. But, if you can't comment at this particular time- but would like to let us know that you were here; please sign and View my guestbook

1 Comment:

JD said...

Very nice I will visit your tags, I hope more black Americans visit all of the sites from and or about the motherland. I am sure you discovered it is not easy to come up with 5 facts. Good job

Google
 

africa search