Thursday, April 12, 2007

Tinapa Open for Business!










photo courtesy of: Akromose on Now Public

This is a brief run-down of an article that I read from the Vanguard News (Nigeria). For me what they were talking about in this article was so cutting edge and so inspiring that I was unable to stop reading this article. This article is an interview between Peter Egwuatu who is a Vanguard journalist and Mr. Sam Anani (CEO, Tinapa Business Resort Limited). Although the interview was a short interview with only seven questions, it was very packed with so much exciting information.

And did my eyes deceive me or did I get it correctly on the CEO saying that Tinapa will be listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange? OK, now I know that Tinapa is a resort and a tourist center; but in the sense that it is also thought of in the same way that one might think of a city or a very large community this sounds really pioneering. In fact I've never heard of something like this happening-anywhere in the world.

Here are a few of the seven things that Peter asked Mr. Anani, which I thought were very insightful:

What has government put in place to make Tinapa function effectively?

How is the government going to generate revenue from Tinapa?

Now that there is erratic supply of electricity and you have decided to use independent power provider (IPP), how effective is it going to be?

courtesy of: Vanguard Online

In summary, this was an extremely important interview which was carried out almost to perfection. The only thing that I might have done differently is added some descriptive photos of the event. But again, in content and news worthiness on a scale from one to ten, with one being lowest and ten being highest, this story gets a nine or a ten in my books. But what do you think, though?

Of course, I love your comments. But, if you can't comment at this particular time- but would like to let us know that you were here; please sign and View my guestbook

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog. Keep up the good work. You are invited to submit some of your news worthy posts to Joromi.com. Thanks Ben.

Benin said...

Joromi, consider it a done deal. Thats a robust looking platform that you have, great work and congrats!

Google
 

africa search